Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Class Blog - Visual Type Experiment

I had a lot of trouble with this assignment. I have yet to complete it because I had a lot of trouble trying to get the words to go where I wanted them to go. It was also hard to figure out exactly what was wanted. In the articles it said that visual text cannot be concretely defined. I am a very literal person and it was hard to be creative. What I had in my mind for visual text was making only text visually pleasing. I didn't realize, until I read the articles, that visual text could also include pictures and designs that weren't solely letters. I just remember in elementary school when we were going over our poetry unit we had to do a shape poem. This poem was in the shape of the subject of the poem that was being written. I suppose that is what I was trying to do with mine, but it's a little harder to try and do it on a word processor. I guess colors and fonts can add a lot to the text and I tried using that to make the words pop. This was not an easy assignment simply because of trying to figure out formatting on the computer. However, I did like it because it's fun to see text out of the double-spaced, black and white lines.

No comments: