Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BLOGS AND SOCIAL SITES, March 26: Matthew Snyder and Alissa

The presentation done by Alissa and Matthew about social sites was very good. I thought it was informative and had a lot of good information from the readings as well as outside sources. I learned a lot about the psychology of social sites like Facebook and Myspace. The class discussion was very good as well. I thought that we hit a lot of good topic discussions, like the talk about how one presents themselves on their Facebook. I believe that many people in the class are not being true to themselves because they make sure that the “silly” side does not show on their Facebook. I really do not have respect for those who cannot be true to themselves. I understand completely that future employers look at their employees Facebooks, so one should not have pictures of doing illegal things like underage drinking, but untagging pictures that make you look fat or ones that do not show off your best smile is absolutely ridiculous. I also enjoyed the discussion about the differences of Facebook and Myspace. Even though both social sites are there for basically the same purposes, Myspace seems so much trashier than Facebook. I believe this is due to Facebook being started for college students.

No comments: