Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Writing Response: Why the Book?

For today's project, I decided to do a rendition of treated text like "A Humument". I had a lot of fun doing it. The text that I decided to "treat" was a lab from my ecology class. The lab is designed for the study of the behavior of squirrels in regards to food foraging and food choice. I thought that this would be a good text to treat because it is completely different from what we are studying in this class. I tried to make every page that I treated show as little relationship with the actual topic of the text as possible. I did a couple pages that are very much like "A Humument" and the others simply pick out words or letters that have to do with the same theme. In my Humument-like pages, it sort of turned out a little bit like flarf because I picked and chose words that created sentences. Some were funny and others I just tried to make them understandable. I hope that what I did is correct.

No comments: