Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Technotexts 2

I had a lot of fun playing with The Intruder. It was more of a game for me than a technotext. I don't think I actually read any of the words that were presented to me because I was concentrating too much on the game. It is kind of ironic though because the reason I wanted to concentrate on the game and not the text is because if you don't do well on the game you can't get more of the story. I don't even know what the story was about, but I knew that I got pretty far in the game. I played like ten of them. I think that's pretty impressive. It was fun looking at some of the technotexts. I thought this one was better than most because it was interactive. However, I didn't get anything more out of it than having fun playing the games. I didn't recognize the meaning of whatever story that was trying to be told. I just remember that I played a couple rounds of pong and caught things in my metal bucket. I also had to jump over phrases that I couldn't read because they were going so fast and I was concentrating jumping over them. This was a cool form of technotext. I'm really disappointed that I couldn't play with the Bad Machine one. That looked like even more fun. I just didn't want to spend time downloading something so it would work properly. Next time I decide to play around with technotext, I will definitely have to try that one.

No comments: