Tuesday, May 6, 2008

UNCREATIVE WRITING, April 9: Sarah Kabi and Barry Wong

The presentation about uncreative writing by Sarah and Barry, but I did not take much out of it. Perhaps, it is due to the fact that uncreative writing is not a very interesting subject for me. I did not fully understand its purpose nor did I understand why anybody would be interested in doing this uncreative writing at all. It is simply copying whatever you choose to write about. I guess people would want to do it for the challenge that it creates because it is a very restricted form of writing. When I did my uncreative writing, I did not try and change anything, but I did not feel the need to elaborate in my own words about the clothing labels that I chose to wear that day. It just seemed like a waste of time to me to copy everything down and it was also slightly stressful. I wanted to make sure that I was doing everything the same for every article of clothing in which I was copying down its label. It was hard in regards to keeping the format the same, but otherwise, I found it pointless. I do not remember much class discussion on this topic during the presentation, but I believe that most of the class has the same sentiments as I do about uncreative writing.

No comments: